Counsellors Working On-Line/Telephone. ...
No Fee counselling for NHS frontline staff, People work...
Find out more
Information for volunteer counsellors for this service ...
Find out more
Want to join ACC? be part of a growing membership...
Find out more
ACC is the only Christian UK-wide counselling organisation holding an Accredited Register with the Professional Standards Authority. ACC:
Continuous Professional Development is mandatory for anyone working as a counsellor. Donations would enable us to continue resourcing training courses. We would love to have a Conference Bursary Fund so that counsellors who would greatly benefit from the conference but for whom the cost is too great could be funded.
Association of Christian Counsellors (ACC) Vision and Values
ACC aspire to help sustain and support our members in the work they do for the benefit and care of individuals and
• Everyone has value for who they are regardless of their background, beliefs and lifestyle
• Everyone needs meaning and purpose
• Everyone has the right to personal respect
• Everyone needs to experience acceptance and love that strengthens their sense of person
• We aspire in everything we do to be ethical, clear and transparent
• Promote safe, competent, ethical and accountable practice for counselling and pastoral care
• Empower individuals and communities through resourcing and connection
• Encourage exploration of psychological and theological insights into wellbeing and growth
• End the stigma that surrounds mental health in our society
What informs our ethos
• ACC draws its distinctive ethos from the Christian traditions of pastoral care and the conviction that pastoral care
together with professional and independent counselling and psychotherapy is an important service to the public
• Hope and faith underlie the identity and work of our practitioners, who make no assumptions nor place any expectations or requirements about clients’ beliefs, values or lifestyle. We believe that to know that we are loved,
and to love one’s neighbour as oneself is an expression of God’s love for humanity demonstrated in the life,
death and resurrection of Jesus. This love is expressed to people of all faiths and none, with full respect for the
diversity of human experience; and for the freedom and autonomy of the person.
• ACC practitioners seek to learn from the vital insights of sound psychological theory and practice and from the
wider psychotherapeutic community. ACC supports Christian counsellors and psychotherapists in reaching and
maintaining high standards of professional care for members of the public as evidenced through our accredited
register. ACC believe our professional insights can contribute to the practice of pastoral care in churches and
other settings, and we train, equip pastoral carers, church leaders and organisations.
• ACC aspire to be a one-body fellowship to help sustain and support our various members in the work that they
do for individuals and communities.
If you feel that this is a work you could support financially please contact email@example.com