ACC is a professional body set up in 1992 to facilitate quality counselling, psychotherapy, pastoral care and related training.
ACC is also a membership organisation for individual counsellors and psychotherapists; organisations, agencies and Churches concerned with counselling/psychotherapy or related activities; and pastoral carers.
Individual counsellor membership consists of people who are employed by agencies offering counselling/psychotherapy (e.g. counselling centres, doctors’ surgeries, schools, etc.) or in private practice and others who offer their counselling/psychotherapy work as volunteers in counselling centres, churches, GP practices etc.
More about ACC
- ACC offers ways to help you to develop and grow in your ministry of caring for others, whether it be pastoral skills training or counsellor accreditation.
- ACC provides advice and guidance to counsellors and pastoral carers
- Regional training events and local networks of contacts. We offer exceptionally high quality training, at very reasonable costs.
- Accord magazine: stay up to date with the world of Christian pastoral care and counselling with our quarterly publication
- Your membership includes a copy of Accord each time it is published at no extra cost.
- eNews: monthly updates on national events
- Discounts on professional insurance
- Discounts on Regional and National Training events
- Also – for counsellors and Affiliated organisation only – you may choose (i.e. it is optional) to advertise, for no additional cost, your services on Find a Counsellor, maximum of 500 characters, including spaces and subject to ACC’s approval. This is different from being on the Accredited Register. It is not permissible for organisations to be on the Accredited Register as only individual members can apply for this status. If you have any questions about this please email: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Link to join ACC membership